Blueline is the absolute best fish we have to offer; the top selection from the best boats. Live-caught by longline, handline
and traps. Skillfully handled and packed right after catch.
Nordic Group is already well-known in the market for its steady supply of premium grade fresh wild-caught seafood. For years,
we have supplied clients with excellent, shiny fish. Now we have identified the very best of it under the Blueline label.
The graders at the packing station are our equivalent of the winemaker of a French chateau. They are experienced Norwegian
artisans with a lifetime of experience in sorting fish. The very top grading from the best boats will now be selected as Blueline
fish. The result is shiny packed fish that we can truly say to be above and beyond E-quality.
We are proud to say that the supply of Blueline fish will not be steady. –A truly gourmet product rarely is. It is at the
mercy of the seasons, weather and the condition of the fish. Our only promise is that we will never put the label on fish
that does not deserve it.
Setting the Standard
It is the experience and finesse of our graders that makes Blueline really stand apart. However, we do of course have technical
criteria as a basis for selecting what fish can carry the label.
- All Blueline fish is caught live by longline, handline or traps.
- Fish is bled and gutted immediately on board.
- Fish is packed shiny immediately after catch, at maximum 12 hours.
- Fish must have a flawless appearance with an even skin colour, and no marks from catching gear.
- Cuts in the fish must have white flesh, without visible blood. Blood vessels in belly cannot contain blood.
- Fish cannot have visible parasites.
- Fish must be transported at 0-2 oC throughout the whole supply chain.
We are looking forward to rolling out several species of fish marked with our Blueline brand throughout this season. Stay